According to XO Group Inc., 92% of couples used their smartphones for planning their wedding in 2017. Planning your wedding often involves a large amount of personal information, such as family and friends' contacts and credit card information that could be put at risk in the online world. Here are some simple precautions you can take to ensure that a cybersecurity incident won't get in the way of your beautiful wedding!
- create long, unique passphrases and use multi-factor authentication whenever possible
- back up all wedding photos and important documents to a cloud service or external hard drive
- when updating online photo albums, be mindful of your guests' privacy
- when away on your honeymoon, consider waiting to post photos and "checking in" your location till you are back home - otherwise you may alert criminals that you are away from home
- avoid transmitting sensitive data, such as credit card information, via unsecured Wifi networks, e.g. in airports
- shop only on websites if the address includes "https"
View and share the Wedding tip sheet here.